Fire department is pretty sure the dog started it trying to get something off the stove. There was nothing to get. He's done it once before when there WAS food up there so we stopped leaving food on the stove. Problem solved temporarily.
It took two of us and we were both bleeding afterward. Sometimes he is better, but this was trauma on top of trauma.
Wow, your cat is so pliant. If it were my old cat getting soaked in a tub, my arms would be in shreds.
That cat has seen the face of God.
They all (two dogs, four cats) seem to be doing okay, so i haven't taken them yet. Since it's after hours on a holiday, it would be at an emergency hospital that doesn't know their history. Two of the cats have asthma, so I want them seen by their regular vet. I'll call the vet tomorrow.
Edit: can't remember how many animals I actually have.
This needs a dog-shaming photo. "I tried to burn the house down."
As he should!
No really he has no idea. Ten pounds of stupid in a five pound sack.
He is and his name is Falcor, from Neverending Story. We got them (a girl, too) as adults. One thing I'd recommend is curbing the barking now--unless you want that. They're guard dogs so it's a breed trait and can be nice when it scares away the door to door salespeople. But it can get really old really fast!
Poor kitty. And poor you! Glad everything is mostly alright now.
He was in water. He's seen the face of Cthulhu!
Yeah, we're planning to!
It's the laundry tub, generally used only for washing the paint sprayer, washing litterboxes, and degreasing after working on cars. Keeping it clean isn't a priority. The other sinks in the house were unusable because of fire.
OMG! I just discovered upblepping!!! I love this sub.
Oh he is. One of the reasons we kept him (he was a foster) is because he's such a bitch no one else would want him. It's SO easy to piss him off. We do it regularly. :)
I hope you took him in for a checkup! Poor baby!
And we were talking about remodeling the kitchen at some point soon. Not that we wanted this--it'll be a huge PITA-- but it's forcing us to deal with something we had been dithering about.
Yup, but the sack is still bursting at the seams.
140 pounds to be exact.
The thousand yard blep.
The dogs and other two cats have a wellness visit scheduled this week anyway. Going to ask if they can move it from Thursday to tomorrow.
Your cat just looks 10000000% done with everything. Haha. Glad to hear all your animals are okay though!!
Yup. Having bathed many cats (shelter volunteer and foster parent), we know to do that. I think it really was the insult of water on top of the trauma of the fire.
Is he a great Pyrenees? I just got one as a puppy today! Still thinking of a name lol. He's doing great with the cats too.
Aww! Poor kitty! Glad he is okay! <3
He looks like a drama queen, glad everyone's doing ok though
Oh jeez you scared me I thought you were going to say you weren't going to take them at all! Instead it all turned out better than expected and you're taking them when they can get thorough care :)
PS they are all so pretty!!
For anyone else that has to bath a cat, and doesn't want to get hurt:
Don't use running water. Fill a bucket with lukewarm water and use a cup to pour over the cat. The sound of running water and the feel of it welling up around their feet is 90% of what panics them.
Well, I'm glad your dumbass dog is okay!
We definitely use Dawn (only the regular blue stuff; the antibacterial is too harsh) for fleas. Unfortunately in this case our bottle of it semi melted in the kitchen fire. :( So we used kitty shampoo.
I was redditing on mobile, and I had no idea what you were talking about until now. It even "blep"s when you upvote!! Too cute!
I've got a dachshund now, but I used to have a until very recently (had to put him down). The dachshund would bark over anything, but the beauceron only barked when a stranger was at the door.
When the dachshund barked, nobody cared, but when the beauceron barked, everybody listened. I miss that big guy like crazy.
The dog seems to feel very guilty indeed.
Take the knobs off the new stove when we get it.
He's too stupid to be mad at him. And life's too short to be stressed by something that we have insurance for. :)